Thursday, December 20, 2007

Old?

After sleeping on my bed for a few days, my parents decided to drag me out, not for shopping first, but to visit my relatives and their friends. I packed a lot of small packets filled with chocolate and nougat that bought from Australia, and of course now it's festive season, so it's like a Christmas gift for everyone.

Every time I visit every single home, I will (or I had to) hear someone said:
"Wah, looks so different after a year in Melbourne!" ;
"Hey, you looked more old/mature compare to last time, I remembered that you were still like a kid when u left..." ;
"You seems to change a lot ever since you went to Melbourne to study, you seems [skinnier/toned/fatter? taller? tanned/fair? no change?]" (those were the comments I heard till now).
Well, what do you think?

Well, perhaps.. when people went and settle in a new environment, people tends to change according to environment in order to adapt to the lifestyle and the norm among the foreigners. Things changes slowly, not because you want to, but you have to change. Everyday we had to learn new stuffs, knowledge and our identity for ourselves, to project to everyone for who you are and what we were. Some how we need to think and analyzed what is right and wrong, what we should/shouldn't do, and would it affect other people? or even myself? For me, I felt I changed some, about my personality, my thinking and perspective. Not to mention I gotta speak English all the time. LOL...

Old? I'm not too sure... I'm still young ! and maybe mature? At least my age is still starts with 1x :P

No comments: