Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Biomedical Science? Science?

No physics practical lab today due to ANZAC Day tomorrow (and I will get 2 days holidays because of ANZAC day (wed)& Thursday is my off day).

I'm still doubt about choosing between science or biomedical science degree. Both of them have their own pros and cons. So I decided to go to Faculty of Science to enquire about the 2 different degree. It turns out that the student advisor didn't gave much information about biomedical science and science degree, but she roughly told me about the subjects I need to take for the next semester in order to change my science degree to biomedical science degree. Science degree is a flexible degree as we have more options and flexibility in choosing the subjects, however for biomedical science degree, the course structure was fixed (so as the subjects) and it was for those who already have their mind what to study for the next few years. The title of biomedical science seems to sound more advanced than science degree, and because the structure was fixed, i wouldn't need to think what subjects to take for next year.
Still confuse about it whether to choose which degree, so the student advisor decided to have a meeting with their faculty in order to give me a suitable and clear answer (i wonder they really will have a meeting to discuss about it...).

Due to the Melbourne Model which in 2008, the Bachelor of Biomedical Science will be phrase out. For more information, please visit http://www.futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/courses/melbmodel/

No comments: