Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tougher

It's week 4 for semester 2, and again.... I'm still the blur one, trying to figure out what happened for the last 3 weeks... and trying to catch up my studies which certain parts i left behind...

There won't be an easy way to study...Everything need to be understand, digest, absorb and practice in order to strengtern your memory to the knowledges. I know myself, I'm not the genius... That's why I need to learn hard and fast >.<

This semester won't be an easy term, with all the subjects covered with something I haven't learn before, or something more specific and details... Concepts and connections need to be understand and applied to our homework and assignments. Test will be coming up soon (physics short test on Friday, statistic test and assignment would be end of this month), mid-semester coming next month.... science wasn't easy to study, especially when you took all science subjects like me... and the bottom part was... people who actually worked in science related field doesn't earn a lot of money compare to business, medicine, engineering.. another point is, it's also hard to get a job, it must be based on experiences, thesis, research work....But why am I still in Science?

Something to be happy for myself... I finished my chemistry lab practical for almost an hour earlier than the usual time. Perhaps the practical was easy and straight forward, and I did another practical which is similar to this week 2 weeks ago with synthesize of chemical compound, purified and tested with certain chemical. This week we were dealing with the reduction of benzoin (a type of benzene with ketone) to meso-1,2-dihydroxyl-1,2-diphenylethane, and we were also tested with TLC(Thin Layer Chromatography) for purity and also the melting range with special device. It was straight forward in the lab manual, with some guidance of demonstrator and partner, we managed to finish synthesized, purified, tested and written the practical report in 2 hours ^^

No comments: